- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 cup chopped ripe mango or papaya
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 teaspoons jalapeño pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced green onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Preheat the broiler.
- To prepare fish, combine garlic, salt, black and red peppers, paprika and oil in a small bowl. Press pepper mixture onto catfish.
- Place fillets in a baking pan and broil until opaque in the center, 6 to 8 minutes.
- To prepare salsa, combine mango, cilantro, jalapeño pepper and green onions in a bowl. Drizzle with lime juice; toss to coat evenly. Serve with catfish.
Recipe courtesy of The Catfish Institute.