- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (2-pound) rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
—Recipe by Laraine Perri for Relish.com, May 2011.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add oil, peppers and onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, paprika and cayenne; sauté until just fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and cook, stirring, until nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and broth and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Remove skin from chicken and pull meat in large pieces. Add chicken to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until thoroughly warmed, about 3 minutes.
- Whisk flour into sour cream in a small dish. Slowly add to sauce and simmer 3 minutes more (do not boil). Stir in dill, lemon juice and sugar and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: