- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened (one stick)
- 1 1/3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 stick) softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F. Place 24 paper muffin cup liners in muffin cups.
- To prepare cupcakes, sift together flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through cinnamon). Place butter and brown sugar in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin, beating on low speed. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour, beating on low speed. Stir in nuts.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each about two-thirds full. Bake 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare icing, place all ingredients in large mixing bowl; beat with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread icing onto top of cooled cupcakes.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: