- 12 firm, but ripe plums, pitted and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 3/4 cup raw sugar, divided
- 5 eggs
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup 2 percent reduced-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
Recipe by Teresa Blackburn
- Preheat oven to 400F. Butter a cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe dish).
- Toss plums into bottom of skillet and sprinkle with 1/4 cup raw sugar.
- Combine 1/2 cup raw sugar, eggs, salt, yogurt, milk, vanilla, cornmeal and flour in a blender jar. Blend until well mixed with no lumps. Pour batter over plums.
- Bake about 35 minutes, until center is set but still a bit jiggly. Remove from oven and let cool at least 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving. Clafoutis are great warm or cold. For breakfast or brunch with a drizzle of maple syrup, it is a sublime treat.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: