- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (14-oz) bone-in chicken breasts, cut in half crosswise
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
Recipe by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough.
- Combine, garlic, oil, sugar, rosemary, thyme, lemon rind, 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; add chicken and toss until well coated; cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Combine lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, honey mustard and remaining salt and pepper in a medium bowl; whisk.
- Preheat broiler or grill. Place chicken on a large rimmed baking sheet or grill rack. Broil or grill 16 minutes, turning once.
- Baste chicken with lemon juice mixture. Broil 8 more minutes, turning and basting twice, until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast registers 165F. Cool 10 minutes, then transfer chicken to a large container and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: