- 2 cans (14-ounce) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 12 ounces frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 6 ounces uncooked short pasta (rotini or penne)
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Recipe by Nancy Hughes
For more dinner recipes under 400 calories and with less than 20 grams of fat, check out our FREE 25 Dinners on a Diet Recipe Collection for the iPad on iTunes.
- In a deep skillet or Dutch oven, bring broth to a boil over high heat. Add frozen chicken. Return to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer 22 minutes. Remove chicken from broth, cool and shred.
- Increase heat to high and bring broth to a boil. Stir in pasta and continue to cook, uncovered, 6 minutes. Add asparagus and cook 2 minutes or until asparagus is tender.
- Drain pasta mixture and return to skillet. Add shredded chicken, pesto, lemon juice and pepper; toss gently.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: