- 1/2 pound jalapeno peppers
- 2 cups white distilled vinegar
- 5 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
Recipe by Sara Foster, author of
- Wash and drain peppers. Cut in half lengthwise and pack tightly into sterilized jars or bottles. (Use chopsticks to push peppers into bottles if the necessary.)
- Place vinegar, cilantro and salt in a nonreactive saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and pour hot liquid over peppers to cover, using a funnel if needed. Secure with a cap or lid and place in the refrigerator for at least a week to allow the flavors to develop before using. Will keep up to 6 months refrigerated. Makes 32 (1-tablespoon) servings.
Sara Foster's Southern Kitchen.
Videos You Might Also Like