- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 12 pitted Kalamata olives, slivered
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil
—Recipe by Laraine Perri
- Lightly pound breasts to ½-inch thickness.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high. Brush chicken with 2 teaspoons oil and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Grill 3 minutes; turn and grill until just thoroughly cooked, 2 to 3 minutes more. Transfer to a plate, tent with foil, and let rest 5 minutes.
- Combine tomatoes, olives and capers in a medium bowl. Warm remaining tablespoon oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and sauté until just fragrant , about 1 minute. Stir in red pepper and add to tomato mixture; stir gently. Add sugar, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Stir in basil. Arrange chicken on plates; spoon sauce over each serving.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: