- 2 peaches, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons finely diced onion
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons diced pickled ginger
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 green tomatoes, sliced
- Oil for frying
- 3 ounces goat cheese
Recipe courtesy of the Pepper Place Market and the Alabama Board of Tourism and Travel.
- To prepare the chutney, mix all ingredients and refrigerate overnight. The chutney can be made spicy with the addition of either pepper sauce or jalapeños.
- To prepare the tomatoes, mix half the flour with cornmeal. Beat eggs with a little water. Season remaining flour with salt and pepper. Dredge tomato slices in flour, dip in egg, and dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2-inches in a large skillet; heat until hot but not smoking. Add tomato slices and fry until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Serve topped with peach chutney and crumbled goat cheese.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: