- 1 package dry active yeast (.25 ounce)
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed and divided
- 3/4 cup 2% reduced-fat milk, warmed and divided
- 2 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
Recipe by Jean Kressy
- Combine yeast, 1 teaspoon brown sugar and 1/4 cup warm milk in a small bowl. Stir and let stand 5 minutes or until yeast begins to foam.
- Combine 1 cup flour, remaining brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in a large mixing bowl. Add egg, butter, remaining milk and yeast mixture. Stir until flour is moistened. Add remaining flour and beat until well blended. Beat in raisins. Mixture will be thick.
- Turn into a greased 8-by-4-inch loaf pan; smooth top. Cover lightly with a towel and let rise in a warm place 11/4 hours or until batter rises to top of pan.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pour melted butter over batter, spread gently with rubber spatula and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake 30 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: