- 3 pounds chicken (fryer) or chicken quarters
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick biscuit mix
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 2 ounces Pamiggiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
—Recipe By Jill Melton
- Place chicken in Dutch oven or large pot, (add chopped onion and peppercorns if desired) and simmer 2-3 hours or until chicken is cooked and broth is rich and reduced some. Remove chicken, let cool. Remove chicken meat, shred, discard bones and skin. Add chicken and carrots to broth. Simmer.
- Combine 2 1/4 cups Bisquick, 3/4 cup milk, 2 ounces grated Parmiggiano-Reggiano cheese and garlic powder. Mix. Drop dumplings into simmering broth. Cook 10 minutes. Cover and cook another 10 – 15 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through. Serves 4-6.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: