- 2 bunches (about 1 pound) collard greens, or kale, well washed, tough stems removed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- -- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 to 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Stack leaves of collard or kale; roll up tightly lengthwise, making a cigar-shaped roll. Cut as thinly as possible across the greens from one end of the roll to the other, making thin ribbons (a chiffonade). (You may have to do this in batches. This can be done up to 2 days in advance. Store greens in zip-top plastic bags and refrigerate.)
- Place greens in a large salad bowl. Drizzle with oil. Add salt, pepper and lemon juice. Toss well.
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon