- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1/3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces soft skim-milk farmer cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) carton low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 (16-ounce) part-skim ricotta cheese
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- To prepare the batter for blintz layer, combine eggs, milk, buttermilk, vanilla, flour and salt in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Pour butter into a 13-by-9-inch baking dish; swirl to coat. Tip baking dish to pour butter into batter. Process batter until very smooth, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups batter into baking dish, and bake 10 minutes or until set. Reserve remaining batter in a small bowl.
- To prepare the filling, combine cream cheese, eggs, honey, lemon rind, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and about half the farmer cheese in the food processor. Pulse until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once or twice; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in remaining farmer cheese, cottage cheese and ricotta. Mixture will not be completely smooth.
- Spread filling over baked blintz layer. Whisk reserved batter a couple of times, and slowly pour over filling.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until the top is puffed, set and starting to color. Let stand at room temperature 10 to 15 minutes. Cut in squares and serve warm with Warm Blueberry Sauce.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: