- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons banana liqueur
- 2 bananas, sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- -- Juice of 1 lime
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add banana liqueur. Bring to simmer; cook 3 minutes. Add sliced bananas; cook 1 minute on each side, carefully spooning sauce over bananas as they cook.
- Carefully add rum and ignite alcohol with long match or stick lighter. Continue cooking until flame subsides, 1 to 2 minutes. Add lime juice and stir to combine. Serve over vanilla ice cream
Recipe by Chef Jon Ashton.