- Vegetable oil for spraying muffin tins
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, lightly pounded
- 1 cup shredded Havarti or Muenster cheese
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1 apple, unpeeled, cored, chopped (Granny Smith, Gala or Fuji)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup panko or whole-wheat panko crumbs
- 1/2 cup chicken reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
Recipe by Chef Steve Petusevsky
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a disposable aluminum or regular muffin tin with vegetable oil.
- Arrange lightly pounded chicken breasts in muffin tin pushing down lightly to form a cup to hold stuffing.
- Combine stuffing ingredients in a bowl. Stir well. Stuffing should hold together like wet sand.
- Divide stuffing among chicken breasts folding meat up over stuffing.
- Turn the stuffed breast upside down so it resembles a muffin, and place back into tin with the open side down.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- To prepare sauce, combine chicken broth, mustard and any pan juices accumulated from baking chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, stirring in cornstarch mixture and parsley. Cook, stirring, until thickened, about 1 minute. Serve with chicken.
Videos You Might Also Like
Didn't find what you were looking for? Try another search: